lunes, 25 de junio de 2007

God is love

“God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the Day of Judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
We love because he first loved us. If anyone say, “I love God”, yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us his command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.” (1 John 4:16-21)
This verse from the bible states that God commanded us to love our brothers; otherwise we are not able to love him. What a difficult task since personally I love God but it is really a great challenge to love each individual in this world. I think that this is something that we should work on it everyday of our lives. God knows that we are not perfect and he will recognize our attempt of being good with others.
I have always said that I don’t abhorrence anyone because I truly did not know what hate was until one day, two guys walked toward me and stole my belongings, from that day I know what hate is. I wished them the worse thing to happen, and I really do not like that feeling, given that I know that was not good. What is more, I every time that I remembered that awful episode, that terrible feeling comes back to my mind. Therefore, I would change that be able to understand what those guy did and pray for them, but as I told you is a big challenge that I have to faced up everyday. However, I know that He –God- is able to discern that from me.
In my opinion, if we take this message from God and work on this day by day, we would be able to have a beautiful, peaceful place to live in.

No hay comentarios: